Adriatic Biodiversity Conservation Center “Aquarium Boka” offers several services, grouped in three main service clusters:
- Aquarium scientists advise seafood companies on methods to enhance the sustainability of commercial fisheries and trade.
- The Aquarium is hosting various research programmes on Adriatic wild flora and fauna.
- The Aquarium collaborates with partners around the world to protect ocean ecosystems and establish sea protected areas.
- Adriatic Biodiversity Conservation Center “Aquarium Boka” showcases the diversity and importance of marine wildlife with particular focus on the Adriatic Sea.
- The “Aquarium Boka” tanks inspire visitors with the beauty and complexity of marine ecosystem through replication of various marine habitats.
- Aquarium educators inspire future Adriatic Sea protectors with hands-on programs, mainly summer camps for students in marine biology
- Rescue Centre for Sea Turtles leads national and regional efforts to rehabilitate and release endangered sea turtles.
The Adriatic Biodiversity Conservation Center “Aquarium Boka” generats several products:
- Information brochure
- Information leaflets
- Promotional packs (gadgets)
- Desk researches
- Field researches
Adriatic Biodiversity Conservation Center “Aquarium Boka” has following goals:
- Building public awareness and action;
- Protecting aquatic species and habitats;
- Advocating for conservation solutions;
- Serving as role models; and
- Moving people to act on behalf of the marine species we seek to protect
Our vision is a world where people and sea wildlife share the oceans in harmony.
Adriatic Biodiversity Conservation Center “Aquarium Boka” is a catalyst for global sustainability through promoting and practicing effective conservation on behalf of the Adriatic sea’s wildlife.
Address: Put I. bokeljske brigade 68, 85330 Kotor, Montenegro
Phone: +382 32 334 570